Are you worried about the maintenance of your garage floor? Often quite a lot amount of gunk and oil stains get accumulated on the garage floor making it look extremely dirty and dull. the painting of the garage floor will help you cope with such issues with ease. Now, the thought of painting your garage floor may give a lot of confusion and questions. But, do not worry at all! Check out this article to learn everything about garage floor paint and the procedure to apply it in 5 easy steps. Read for more info.
Before jumping on to the procedure, take a good note of all the essential tools you would need while painting your garage floor. Prepping up all your tools beforehand would only boost your work efficiency, productivity, and convenience.
- Safety Goggles – Keep your eyes safe by using good quality safety goggles.
- Rubber gloves – Make sure to arrange two to three pairs of clean Rubber Gloves to make your work effortless and hassle-free. Check more information about gloves here.
- Broomstick – Arrange a durable broomstick to clean your garage floor. It would be best to use a stiff-bristled broomstick.
- Dust mask – Your garage floor would remain covered with a lot of dust and dirt. So, use the dust mask to protect your face from any unwanted dust particles.
- Metal scrub brush – Getting rid of stubborn oil stains can be extremely tough. Use a hardy metal scrub brush for such situations.
- Pressure washer – While degreasing your concrete garage floor, you will require a pressure washer.
- Concrete filler – To seal down all the imperfections of the concrete floor, you will require a concrete filler.
- Epoxy paint – Don’t compromise with the quality of the paint, use only the best paint for the garage floor.
- Paint primer – To give a fine finish to your garage floor, a paint primer is mandatory.
- Paintbrush – To complete the entire process, you would need a long-handled nylon paintbrush.
The step-by-step demonstration of how to Paint a Garage Floor
Have a look at the 5 easy steps you need to follow to get a gorgeous and attractive garage floor within a short time
1. Check out for good air circulation and get rid of all the unwanted stain marks
The first step to garage floor painting is to check out for good ventilation. Without proper air circulation, your attempt to paint the garage floor would not show any remarkable results. Either open the doors and windows of the garage or if you don’t have many air circulating spaces, try to carve out some ventilators before proceeding with your work. The prime reason behind the ventilation is the bleach and epoxy paint used in the process. Both bleach and epoxy paint require sufficient air circulation to cope with their super-strong fumes. After you have ensured good ventilation for your garage, start to scrub out the garage floor to remove every stain. Sweep the floor completely and precisely. Before you start with the garage floor paint, clean the floor minutely using a pressure washer. A neat and clean garage floor will only add up to your convenience.
2. Check for any imperfections in the concrete garage floor
Working on a rugged garage floor will be extremely hectic and inconvenient. To avoid this, you will need to smoothen out your garage floor. For this, you will need the concrete filler. Fill up every dent and hole using the concrete filler minutely. To make your concrete garage floor paint look incredibly vibrant and smooth, you will have to conduct this step very carefully. If any of the cracks or dents are left unattended, your painted garage floor will not look as good as your expectations. Once you have filled all the cracks, dents, and holes on your floor, wait for everything to dry up completely before you can move on to the next step.
3. Time to apply the concrete etcher
Get a good quality concrete etcher for your garage floor from the market. You can also check out on the internet for more convenient delivery. Unpack the contents of the package into a bucket made up of plastic and add water to it for its dilution. Next up, you need to apply this diluted mixture evenly on the entire garage floor using the stiff-bristled broomstick mentioned in the equipment list. The stiff bristles of the broom will assist you in applying the concrete etcher very swiftly and efficiently. After you have applied the concrete etcher evenly and properly you will need to leave your floor to dry up overnight. If you skip this step, your painted garage floor will not look very good. The sandpaper texture imparted by the concrete etcher will add extra charm to the garage floor.
4. Apply the layers of primer to your garage floor
Applying the coat of primer is extremely necessary to get a seamless finishing of paint. Apply 2-3 generous coats of primer to your garage floor using a paintbrush. Paintbrushes having a long handle are preferable in this case. This will help you to do your work smoothly in a hassle-free way. After applying the layers of primer to your garage floor, you need to let it dry up to 10 hours. Also, before you start applying the primer take special care of the fact that your garage floor remains completely dry. After the primer, it’s time for the main painting procedure. Move on to the next and final step of the garage floor paint now!
5. Begin with the epoxy garage floor paint
Giving your garage floor stunning paint will undoubtedly make it look incredibly attractive. Get that perfect garage floor you have always dreamt of by completing this last step. Start by mixing the garage floor epoxy paint thoroughly and apply the paint generously using a long-handled nylon paintbrush. You can also use a paint roller to paint your garage floor if you wish to. You can repeat the entire process two times at an interval of 24 hours. To make your garage floor look extra attractive, look up some exclusive garage floor paint ideas online. You can start using your garage floor after approximately 4-5 days of completing your garage floor paint.
Follow up on all the easy and simple steps mentioned in this article to achieve that outstanding and incredible garage floor that you have always dreamt of. Take reference from this article and start with your garage floor paint immediately!