You have to be very cautious while selecting the appropriate flooring for your house. With so many options on the market, you might get puzzled about which one to choose. The most reliable answer to your doubt is LifeProof flooring. Continue reading this article to learn everything about the cleaning and installation of LifeProof floors.
Now, why this flooring? The LifeProof laminate flooring has incredible durability to last for more than 7+ years without malfunctioning. If your flooring keeps off chipping, you will face hurdles settling it every day. But, if you choose this home depot LifeProof vinyl plank flooring option for your home, you can have the floors of your dreams! Before installing this flooring for your home, you need to know more about its cleaning, maintenance, and installation.
How to install LifeProof floor?
Installing this flooring is nothing like cracking a mountain but, you need to be prepared with the equipment before beginning your work to ensure that you don’t face any difficulty during the LifeProof flooring install.
1. Equipment chart
- A pencil
- A sharp knife
- Floor roller
- Floor leveler
- Knee pads
- Flooring cutter
- Measuring tape
- Floor adhesive
- A piece of unused cloth
Once you have gathered your equipment, start prepping your room for the installation. Here are some of the factors that you must look upon before proceeding further.
2. Prep up
- The room temperature should be between 15-30°C
- The humidity level should be below 70%. Avoid installing the floor in bad weather.
- Check for any moisture on your floor. You can make use of a moisture barrier if needed.
- The subfloor should have a deviation of 4mm
- Keep the floor vinyl floors near the floor for at least 24 hrs before final installation.
Now, it’s time you start installing your vinyl floors to get that dream floor for your house.
- Make accurate measurements of your room.
- Mark your starting point. It is advisable to start the work from the center of the room.
- After marking the center divide the room into 4 equal halves.
- Now, measure the length of each division using the measuring tape.
- Next up, measure the length of the floor plank. If it stands equal you are good to go. Else cut it using the knife according to the size of the floor.
- Now that you have attained the accurate size of planks, set them on the floor without adhesive to ensure that everything falls into place.
- If there is any change needed work on that and match the size.
- Now put on the adhesive using a trowel on the main floor. Start by applying adhesive to a smaller area.
- Arrange the vinyl planks on the adhesive accordingly.
- Take special care to ensure that no adhesive gets on the floor planks. If by chance it happens, wipe it off with an unused wet cloth without wasting a second.
- Next up, you have to use up a roller of 45kg to ensure that the vinyl floor planks stick to the adhesive properly.
- Once you have finished with the rolling, leave them for a while to settle down well on the subfloor.
- That’s it and now you have the perfect floors for your house!
4. The cleaning process of lifeproof floor
The procedure to clean LifeProof luxury vinyl flooring is not at all complicated. It’s nothing hectic but, you must follow the appropriate care manual. Keep reading for more information.
- Vacuum the floor – Before you proceed further, you need to finish with the dry cleaning. Use a vacuum cleaner to free your floors from dust particles. However, if you do not possess a vacuum cleaner, you can do this with a regular flat mop.
- Use cleaners devoid of harsh chemicals – It is advisable not to implement harsh chemicals on your vinyl floors. Picking up the perfect floor cleaner with mild chemicals can be baffling. Instead, make a simple cleaning solution at home using vinegar. For this, you will only need a cup of vinegar and a bucket of lukewarm water. Then all that is left to do is, sweep your floors with that solution. If you are not keen on using vinegar for your LifeProof plank floors, another home remedy that you can try is baking soda. Mix 2-3 spoons full of vinegar and stir it in hot water to create a mild cleaner perfect for your floors.
- Let everything rest for a few minutes — Once you have put your cleansing solution all over your LifeProof plank floors, let it rest on it for a few minutes for best results.
- Be gentle with the scrubbing – Scrub the floor to get rid of any unwanted marks. Make sure to be gentle with your newly installed floor. If you avoid scrubbing your floors gently, you will be left with dull and damaged flooring. So, it will be best for you to take your time and gently scrub the floors without any rush.
- Be cautious of scuff marks and stains – Though vinyl floors are scratch and stain-resistant, they can hold onto stains and scuff marks if they remain for a long time. You should remove any stain or scuff mark immediately when you notice one. An effective remedy to remove stains from your floors is baking soda and warm water. Apply the paste to your stain marks and let it sit for 5 mins before rinsing everything out.
By now, you know everything about LifeProof vinyl plank flooring. Install it at your house for beautiful Instagram-worthy floors. They can be great for homes with children and pets due to their incredible durability. Also, make sure that you follow the appropriate cleaning procedure mentioned in this article to get the most out of your LifeProof floor. Install LifeProof flooring at your home and welcome the beautiful floors!