Imagine after a hectic day you are taking a fresh breathable shower and suddenly the water pressure drops miserably. Now what? Calling a technician or a specialist will take 2-3 hours. But what if you know the basics and solve this problem all by yourself. Sounds good right? Well, now you don’t have to imagine patting your back that you have clicked on this piece.
Generally, the force at which the water is being applied in a plumbing system is named water pressure. But sometimes this drops by a margin causing deep trouble for our household works.
The problem can occur in a single tap or shower and sometimes if the luck is too bad then the problem can occur in your whole plumbing system.
But why this pressure drop occurs?
Well, the problem can be occurred by several things. A few of them are listed below
- If the tap is foam-based then the aerator of the tap can be blocked by sediments or small stones or other impurities.
- And in the case of a shower, the sediments or impurities can block the showerhead or the shower valve.
- Any leakage can occur in the piping system
- Scums or other wanted things can gey jam in a pipe and for that also the pressure might get reduced or there will be no pressure in the tap or the shower at all.
- And if everything is checked and there is no error from your side then the problem can arise from the authority side itself.
Problems are discussed but what about the solution?
Don’t think more as discussed above here you will get every solution regarding this problem.
How to increase water pressure in the shower?
We know that this problem can arise from several things so each of them has a different solution for them together. And believe me, this will not take a lot of money from your pocket.
- Before buying a new high-pressure shower head you should clean all the dirt and sand sediments from the existing head. And if the condition is too bad then you can use vinegar and soap water and a scrubber. If the condition is still depraved then go for the change.
- Sometimes sediments come via long way all through the main supply to your home supply and they can reduce the flow too. So, in a particular period, the pipelines should be cleaned.
- If there is any leak then that part should get changed in the pipeline.
- A pressurized unvented cylinder or a booster pump can help to boost the flow.
Now for a tap, you can also do the same things. The pipeline should be cleaned at a specific time for better results. And the aerator should be cleaned with soap water and vinegar. You can put it in a jar with this mixture for 1 hour to get the best results. And washing the tap body with a long two-thread brush is also important to clean the impurities from the body.
How to change a showerhead?
If things are worse than expected and you need to change the head then the following procedure will help you.
- First, remove the head noddle by hand in an anticlockwise direction. and if it’s still undone then move it to the opposite side,
- Use a wrench to lose the showerhead and then remove it.
- Wrap the jaws of the slip-joint two or three times around the threads of the shower arm.
- Then apply gum in the threads and install the new shower head clockwise and tighten it up.
- After installation gives it rest for a day. After that open the water flow and check for any leakages.
If you are confused then don’t give it a try this can rupture your shower system in your bathroom. If the water pressure is low in your home supply for a long period, then you should call a plumber to fix the problems.
They will give you a wide variety of services to install new taps or showerheads, and repair or keep your plumbing system. Also, regular maintenance is very important to keep the water of your home clean and safe.